The Door of Light is a Point of Light
Following the intriguing instructions from the Keymaker, regarding the ‘314’ second window, Neo enters a mysterious door of light and the hidden world of the Architect. There is a peculiar aspect to his passage however, as the door constricts to a single point of light before the Architect appears.
This point of light directly relates to the concept of a “composite unity” represented by the Architect, and the world of existence. This is the dimension prior to creation, with everything in the Matrix and program worlds contained within the “singular mind” of the Architect.
Coming from the Other Direction
The entrance of Neo into this point is coming from the direction of heading ‘upward’ on his path – toward the Source. However, looking at that point of light from “the Architect back toward the Matrix,” reveals something very interesting.
This point can be associated with the concept of the “Big Bang” in physical science. What came before that is unknown and one of its greatest mysteries. It’s similar to the idea of the ‘nothingness’ of Crown/Keter that preceded Wisdom/Chokhmah.
We’ve Seen the Point Before
The directors cleverly snuck something significantly important into the beginning of The Matrix Reloaded, before you even got settled in your chair.
This same dot we see with the door of light appears in the very opening moments of the movie before any of the characters appear. Quite amazingly, the scene precisely shows us the worlds of existence in sequence, from the point of view of the Source in The Matrix.
The Door of Light and Worlds of Existence
The movie clip below is from the beginning of The Matrix Reloaded. Follow the notes below as you watch it. We also offer the kabbalistic/Hebrew terms for the worlds of existence.
- At the 46-second mark, we see the code of the Matrix heading towards a single point of light. Where is the code coming from? We are not shown. It is “outside of existence” from our view. This perspective is from “the Source – the concept of unknowable singularity.
- Everything that is to come into existence (via the code) enters into the single point of light. This becomes clear around the 50-second mark. This is the same single ‘point’ that emanates from the door of light Neo passes through on his way to the Architect. It represents the world of Existence prior to Creation. This world is called ‘Atzilut’ which means ‘nearness.’ (As in near to “the Source.”) It contains all of creation “within it.”
- Immediately after this, there is an explosion of imagery. This is the first world of creation. (Which is called ‘Beriah.’) Here’s our ‘big bang.’ Nothing has “taken form” yet. This concept of expansion from the singular point relates to the Oracle and her abilities t0 “derive one thing from another” and deal with complexities.
- At the 1-minute mark, we begin to see the imagery take form into rough objects (like those in a blueprint) and then ‘descend.’ This is the world called ‘Yetzirah,’ which means ‘formation.’ It corresponds to the ‘ladder’ in Jacob’s dream, discussed in our introductory material. This is the connecting world between Beriah above and the physical world below.
- The descent through that intermediary world continues until the 1:20 mark when the ‘timeclock’ is actually ‘made’ in the world of the Matrix. This lowest world of existence is called ‘Asiyah,’ and means ‘making.’
You may want to watch the video below a few times and compare to the notes above. This is a true hidden gem of understanding.